New Main Forum Subject For Discussion?

Aitchbee 17:20 14 Feb 11

What about having a forum about global warm(n)ing (or not), green issues etc. on it's own. I think everybody has a view on this subject.

dagbladet 17:28 14 Feb 11

Here you go then.

click here

Forum Editor 17:34 14 Feb 11

and although there are certainly aspects of computing that touch on environmental issues we don't feel they warrant a separate forum area right now.

The subjects you mention are extremely important for all of us,and will have an ever-increasing impact on our lives. We can talk about such things here, in Speakers Corner as much as you like.

jakimo 17:54 14 Feb 11

dagbladet has made your request come true!

Aitchbee 17:57 14 Feb 11

Ok. I respect your answer.

sunnystaines 18:02 14 Feb 11

i though global warming was just a myth.

Aitchbee 18:31 14 Feb 11

I knew somebody was out there who cares about our planet. (your nom de plume testifies.)

Forum Editor 19:30 14 Feb 11

after all, it's the ship that carries us through space, and we utterly rely on it for everything we need.

Talking about environmental issues is like talking about health; we all agree that we need to be responsible and careful if we want to survive, but lots of the things that are bad are also very enjoyable, so we want to put off being responsible until a problem affects us personally.

Added to that, we get up every morning and the earth still turns, the seasons come and go, there's food in the supermarket, and things don't seem too bad. It's quite difficult to accept that dear old planet earth is in trouble, and unless we all change our ways there might be no birds in the garden when our great grandchildren grow up.

Aitchbee 19:46 14 Feb 11

That is your opinion - but don't be patronising|

Aitchbee 19:56 14 Feb 11

what planet are U on?

Forum Editor 19:59 14 Feb 11

like those you'll be looking for another environment pretty soon.

I was expressing an opinion, as may others, and I'm perfectly entitled to do so. I suggest that you think carefully about your attitude before you go any further with this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…