New Look

€dstowe 11:16 31 Oct 05

After some very irritating teething problems (my name but, more importantly, login difficulties) I think the new PCA site is a big improvement and has my full support now. Can I change my vote in the poll?

watchful 14:15 31 Oct 05

Not sure, but I agree with what you say. Once the poll figures are assessed and some slight changes are made to fit in with the majority of users' needs then I think we'll have an excellent forum :o)

Djohn 14:17 31 Oct 05

Hello €dstowe, keeping well I hope? I agree with you, new look is superb.

€dstowe 15:06 31 Oct 05

Hello Djohn. Yes, I keeping well, and you?

I liked the new look from the start but the detail (as mentioned above) caused me to vote not too positively in the poll.

These niggles have now been sorted out and I am very happy with it - even My Postings works at the speed of light (well, it did just now!)

spikeychris 15:48 31 Oct 05

It looks like an explosion at Dulux and the blue throbs and pulsates like it has 50,000 volts running through it. It is divided and boxed and segmented and fragmented. It moves faster than my kids from the dishwasher and I love it.

Diemmess 16:25 31 Oct 05

The site is improving all the time. If I voted now, like €dstoe I would want to vote "a big improvement" and ---"some things need tweaking."

It is much faster, except for My Postings and though that may never be as fast as the others due to the searching process I hope that the number of times it errors out will diminish with time and some "tweaking."

A huge improvement and carried out while (mostly) staying online. Congratulations to the whole team.

DanSul 16:49 31 Oct 05

Thanks for all the encouragement from us here at IDG! We'll see what we can do to improve My Postings

pj123 17:34 31 Oct 05
  Forum Editor 19:07 31 Oct 05

Dan manages the development side of our forum. He and his team are the people who make sure everything works as it should on the server, and when the pages load faster it's because they've worked their socks off.

Many people may not realise that this site depends on databases to a large extent, and without the expertise we get from Dan and colleagues we would be in a sorry state - they deserve a big round of applause.

stalion 19:24 31 Oct 05

this is a big round of applause,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap and a standing ovation. I have already commented but will say again I think the forum now looks slick and proffesional well done to all personnel involved.
(watchful,I think we'll have an excellent forum )
We have always had an excellent forum!.

ade.h 19:28 31 Oct 05

Nice to see that Edstowe has his Euro back! For a while, I was wondering who ?dstowe was!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…