New forum late night posting idea

interzone55 09:37 AM 12 Aug 12
Answered

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

KRONOS the First 13:06 PM 12 Aug 12

Yeuk.

wee eddie 13:12 PM 12 Aug 12

Late at Night:

As a Forum with an International Membership, you would need to define Late at Night:.

Possibly in terms of Time Zone

Strawballs 13:37 PM 12 Aug 12

I work a nightshift from time to time and come onto here during my breaks, the rest of the time I work the lateshift which finishes at 01:15 and I come on here breaks and after work so if that sort of thing was adopted it would make me more reluctant.

Aitchbee 15:04 PM 12 Aug 12

I think a little animation of a bat 'fluttering' across the screen (with or without sound effects) would be appropriate for 'night owl' posters ... after the midnight hour or an hour deemed OK by FE.

spuds 15:18 PM 12 Aug 12

I cannot see what all the fuss is about (maybe not 100% tasteful).

I recall the days of The Lounge, when a good few members contributed to early morning chatter and banter, which you do not seem to get now, with Speakers Corner?.

spuds 15:20 PM 12 Aug 12

Aitchbee

Keep the good work up, you might be in with a chance of the 2012 PCA Forum Awards.

interzone55 16:16 PM 12 Aug 12

You do all realise this was a joke - I would have thought the deceptively easy maths question should have been a clue...

lotvic 17:38 PM 12 Aug 12

lol, fourm member said it all at 10:43AM

Forum Editor 17:53 PM 12 Aug 12

"I recall the days of The Lounge, when a good few members contributed to early morning chatter and banter, which you do not seem to get now, with Speakers Corner?."

In those days we had what I used to call 'the night crew'. They were people who had discussions about all kinds of things late into the night and into the early hours of the morning. I used to join in, and although the proceedings occasionally degenerated into personal abuse we generally had some interesting times.

I don't know why, but it doesn't happen now. The forum is still here, I am still here, and you are all here. Some of you remember those days, and perhaps you know the answer.

Flak999 18:14 PM 12 Aug 12

I don't know why, but it doesn't happen now. The forum is still here, I am still here, and you are all here. Some of you remember those days, and perhaps you know the answer.

I can hazard a guess, but it's probably better if I don't!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…