New forum late night posting idea

interzone55 09:37 AM 12 Aug 12
Answered

We've all come across late night posts that are maybe not 100% tasteful, maybe some of are even guilty of this.

A couple of years ago Google added an optional feature to their Gmail service that wouldn't allow you to send an email late at night until you'd answered a couple of maths questions, thus potentially saving you from sending ill advised emails to your boss whilst under the influence.

Maybe FE could add something like that to the Forums to save some of our members from themselves...

Aitchbee 09:55 AM 12 Aug 12

I would only concur with your suggestion alan14, just as long as the FE was also checked for lucidity of thought.

KRONOS the First 10:02 AM 12 Aug 12

We already have enough rules and regs here.

interzone55 10:23 AM 12 Aug 12

Chronus

But it would save FE deleting so many posts if they didn't appear in the first place, as the poster would stumble over working out ((9.67^3)/?)x0

interzone55 10:23 AM 12 Aug 12

For some reason the character for Pi was replaced by a question mark...

Aitchbee 10:25 AM 12 Aug 12

...anything multiplied by zero...is zero.

carver 10:30 AM 12 Aug 12

alan14 I would never be able to post anything in the daytime never mind at night.

It's not a sight that MENSA ever watches for new members or have you just got a new calculator.

Nontek 10:31 AM 12 Aug 12

But it would save FE deleting so many posts ....

But then the Silver Mouse would get bored doing nothing!

Aitchbee 10:37 AM 12 Aug 12

When I inadvertently 'slip in' a 'below the belt' remark (albeit, on very rare occasions)...I have total confidence in Forum Editor to swiftly erase the offending misdemeanour.

Aitchbee 11:02 AM 12 Aug 12

It only happens (inane postings) when it's a full moon.

lotvic 11:34 AM 12 Aug 12

Aitchbee, We wish - once a month you would be easier to cope with.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone