New BBC Site

Quickbeam 07:26 AM 01 Dec 11

Now I've got to look for everything that's moved, just like when the supermarket decides that it too easy to leave things where we know them to be...

Quickbeam 07:36 AM 01 Dec 11

I can't get the homepage weather to show my own postcode, it defaults back to the metropolis very time I reopen the (new and improved?) home page.

Quickbeam 08:57 AM 01 Dec 11

I'll check that fm, but it was OK on the old home page.

What is it with these techy types that have to keep changing things for no good reason...?

Al94 09:12 AM 01 Dec 11

I suspect you are still navigating to the page using a favourite link created for the old site?

I had the same issue, deleted the old favourite and created a new one to the new local page and it works perfectly.

Aitchbee 09:19 AM 01 Dec 11

If I now type in Glasgow, to check the weather forecast, I get THIRTY different areas of the city to chose from; before it used to be about FIVE.

It was better with the old system.

Bingalau 09:23 AM 01 Dec 11

It's taking a fair bit of getting used to. Navigation around the numerous pages seems to have become more complicated. Why didn't they give us the alternative of both the old and the new, even if it was only for a short period?

wiz-king 09:27 AM 01 Dec 11

I looked at it several weeks ago when the beta version came out - sent them the feed back form saying that I didn't like it but they changed it anyway - must have been in the minority. grin

Kevscar1 09:28 AM 01 Dec 11

If I now type in Glasgow, to check the weather forecast, I get THIRTY different areas of the city to chose from; before it used to be about FIVE.

So they have 30 chances of being wrong instead of 5

Aitchbee 09:42 AM 01 Dec 11

Kevscar - the BEEB must have heard you. It has just changed back to TWO choices...for Glasgow.

But if you type in Glasgow City...you will see THIRTY areas of the city.

anskyber 10:05 AM 01 Dec 11

OK for me.

The site though is a bit of a mess. I had forgotten about the value of home pages because one of my personal home pages is the BBC News page so I bypass the main BBC home page. I don't think I'm missing much.

interzone55 11:28 AM 01 Dec 11

I never use the BBC home page, I didn't like the previous version, or the new version.

I go direct to the news page, then navigate to Sport from there after I've read the news

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…