Nero Updates

Bellboy 10:48 25 Jul 05

I see Nero has a further set of updates for version 6.6.

With my dial-up, this will be a 5hr download.

I complained to Nero, asking for more information to let me decide if the download was necessary.
They ignored the question, but answered that the downloads have to be this big, as they do not know which operating system is being used.
If they had any consideration for the users, they would have seperate the files.

It must originally have been flawed software to require so many upgrades now!

Pooke 11:26 25 Jul 05

there aren't any new ones? just checked mine is

if you aren't happy on dial up then change to bb. Most of the country has.

pj123 13:09 25 Jul 05

The only update I have found recently is for InCD, up from to

Bellboy 13:55 25 Jul 05

I downloaded nearly 8mb earlier this month.
(Nero-, NVE-, NMP-
They have all been revised already.

Pooke has missed the point.
Does he know what he is downloading?
Does he need it?
His smug "I've got broad band so it dose'nt matter attitude" is irrelevant.

Should I need to buy a new PC with broad band to run this software?

esbe 13:59 25 Jul 05

Bellboy, if you know anyone on BB, why not ask them to download the updates for you, and burn to a disc.

With such large updates to their programmes, perhaps Nero could once in a while make them all avaliable on a cd-r.

just a thought.

pj123 14:36 25 Jul 05

I have Nero and NVE plus InCD on CD. Whether it will work on your PC or not I don't know (because it picked up my registration number). But if you are willing to try it email me your address and I will post you a copy on CD.

leo49 14:36 25 Jul 05

It's a simple matter to read the release notes to decide for yourself whether it's worth the download.For my purposes,I haven't found it necessary to update for months.

pj123 14:42 25 Jul 05

Sorry, should have said that these are the free updates as listed on the Nero website.

Bellboy 15:41 25 Jul 05

Thanks pj.
I could get my son to DL them and supply on a SD card.
Its the principal of this thing that I am railing about.

Imagine - All the people in the World, downloading all these files, when most will not even be relevant to their Operating System.

Stuartli 18:52 27 Jul 05

You should be grateful that Ahead is constantly honing and refining its products and, further more, offering such updates free of charge until a completely new version is made available.

A lot of the updates are to do with accommodating the very latest rewriter models, small bugs etc.

In most cases, if Nero is working as it should on your system, you don't need to update it unless you are keen on or require a new feature such as LightScribe or using different types of DVD media.

Pooke 20:53 06 Aug 05

new updates available .16

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…