Need a chemist (2)

seedie 19:21 03 Aug 05

I find that on reading the answers to my first post on this I am unable to offer my thanks to those who kindly responded. Whether this is a fault on the system or not, I don't know.

Anyway. Diemmess. Thank you for your note on this, I didn't realise there was a fuel tax on methanol so it seems we've got the short and curly situation again, 'tho' I do think there is a case of greed by the sellers about this.

sattman. Thanks for replying but the link failed.

FORUM EDITOR

I took the liberty of posting this because I was hoping to attract VoG's attention and as asking for a member by name is frowned upon because it encourages 'cult' posts and contacting him directly is not encouraged either. As he is a professional chemist I thought he would be a good person to ask.

Profound apologies to all those people who found my original note had no place here.

Kindest regards

CD

Forum Editor 19:38 03 Aug 05

I locked your previous thread for a good reason. You were asking for advice about highly volatile and flammable liquids, and this is a computer forum - we aren't qualified (or insured) to offer advice on the subject. Quite apart from any legal implications, I'm not going to shoulder the burden of worrying about whether or not you've been advised responsibly - I'm not qualified to know, and therefore the thread was locked.

I hope that clears the air - there was no malicious motive, I acted as a responsible editor should. If I had more time I would have emailed and told you that, but I'm inundated with work at the moment.

VoG II 19:46 03 Aug 05

Yes I am a chemist but my speciality is drinking water quality and treatment. I know next to nothing about fuels - in fact several years ago I succeeded in putting diesel in my petrol-powered car.

seedie 20:29 03 Aug 05

All points taken and noted and subject closed.

KR s

CD

€dstowe 10:18 04 Aug 05

In view of the current security situation in Britain, it is highly likely that anyone buying or seeking to buy powerful oxidising agents (e.g. nitromethane or any other nitro- compound) will be under the gaze of the authorities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced