Name your child Vista, too late it's been done.

anskyber 17:40 12 Jun 07

Much though I think Vista is a good operating system I don't think I'd name my child after it, someone has. click here

Football team are common and pop stars too, but operating systems?

Mr Mistoffelees 17:50 12 Jun 07

I'm sure she would not like to have been called OS X 10.5 Simser.

Forum Editor 17:55 12 Jun 07

has a nice ring to it, and I'm sure she'll be happy with her name when she's old enough to think about such things.

Unlike Annette, the daughter of builder Bob Curten.

TopCat® 18:00 12 Jun 07

Goodnight Vienna then!

One consolation is that when she's sixteen she can legally change her first name(s) if she's so minded. My daughter did just that, from Lesley Jayne to Adrienne Jay! TC.

Kate B 18:03 12 Jun 07

Well, OSs have been named after people ... Linux of course is named after Linus Torvalds; and the Debian distro is named after its developer Ian Murdock and his wife Debra.

knockin on 18:28 12 Jun 07

I think it's absurd, and my daughter, ZX81, agrees with me

wiz-king 18:35 12 Jun 07

By the time she goes to infants school they wont even remember what Vista was!

Si_L 18:42 12 Jun 07

Thats just not fair on her, her parents didn't give her a chance in life. What happens when she needs to start driving? She is just gonna crash every 10 minutes.

Forum Editor 19:13 12 Jun 07

which is more than the hundreds of thousands of girls called Chardonnay are ever likely to be.

Legolas 10:01 13 Jun 07

Si_L lol and also she will need patched every few weeks and I wonder if her parents will stop supporting her when the next child comes along;-)

Si_L 14:28 13 Jun 07

They will probably call their next kid Linux, and then constantly bicker over which kid they prefer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…