Myfootballclub - Barking idea surely?

dagbladet 12:40 13 Nov 07

The online fans collective have in principle agreed to but a 51% stake in Ebbsfleet Utd (formerly Gravesend and Northfleet FC). The 1000's of members who have all chipped in £35 will have a say in tranfers and team selection.

Exciting in principle for the individuals, but this can only end in tears surely?

Legolas 18:50 13 Nov 07

It will be very interesting to see what happens.

georgemac © 19:00 13 Nov 07

Dundee Football club supporters set up a fans trust some years ago called dee4life when the club got into financial trouble. I think they have a person on the board of the football club who reports back to the trust, and I think they may own a fair percentage of the shares of the football club.

Good luck to Ebbsfleet Utd, hope they can make it work, will probably need to put their hands in their pockets again though.

Legolas 19:03 13 Nov 07

Agreed georgemac © I doubt if the initial £35 will be all that you will be asked to fork out, stll it somehow catches the imagination.

I am almost tempted to sign up. Will watch with interest.

Devil Fish 19:57 13 Nov 07

yup our local team Crawley set up a trust when our club was in financial trouble
though i dont know their exact status in the club as i havwen't been down their for quite a while due to saturday working

but having said that i wish the fans at Ebsfleet every success in their endevours

laurie53 20:02 13 Nov 07

At least one American Football NFL team owned by the fans.

Don't know the details or if would work over here, but is the will is there .............

Jak_1 20:38 13 Nov 07

Stockport County did it and it didn't work out, however they do have aspirations beyond their status! A fickle set of fans who abondon them when they are not playing well.

abbybaby 14:09 14 Nov 07

There is another site too click here where you can go buy a football club.

Surley the fans can do a better job than most football club directors ?

dagbladet 14:29 14 Nov 07

"Surley the fans can do a better job than most football club directors ?"

It seems they also have a say in transfers and team selection (Vote online?). I wonder how twenty thousand 'armchair' fans can have a better understanding of current fitness of the players than the man who has spent the previous 7 days with them on the training ground. The manager and/or his staff will have spent the preceeding week studying the opposition, watching them play, scouting other clubs for potential players. I could go on, but I won't. I just don't see how it can work.

Jak_1 17:33 14 Nov 07

It didn't work out at Stockport County! Too many cooks ... springs to mind!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009