My Teachers Were Never Like This

morddwyd 20:02 09 May 11

Senior pupils at Bell Baxter Hign School in Fife persuade the Head to join in the celebration.

link text

Well worth a look

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 09 May 11

Break into a dance?

My teachers never even broke into a smile :0)

morddwyd 20:49 09 May 11

Sorry, I should have said scroll down to the video.

wee eddie 21:01 09 May 11

I seem to remember that the Staff at my School, Bryanston, putting on a Review about every second year or so. In which they lampooned themselves and others, performing Skits and Sketches to the delight of the Pupils and other Staff.

Condom 13:59 10 May 11

When I first started school in 1950 our primary school had many male teachers who were ex army Sgt |Major types as I believe many were offerred teacher training as part of their demob package. Unfortunately they treated their new charges as if they were on the parade ground and these people who looked like giants to us 5 year olds absolutely terrified us. It was not a good learning situation and many the time I remember ducking to avoid a blackboard duster as it was thrown at us. God knows what might have happened if one of these wooden projectiles had actually hit someone. Fortunately many of the other teachers were very good but what a difference when I went to Secondary School. We were the first pupils in a brand new school with a very forward thinking headmaster and I had a great time both academically and socially. In woodworking rather than build the usual stupid things we built Enterprise sailing boats and then sailed them on Loch Lomond. Sports were very important part of schooling and many professional footballers eminated from our school. I got a Scottish junior cap for Badminton against Denmark who were the best in the world at the time and got wiped off the floor for my trouble. After school activities were encouraged and several actors including the beloved Gollie from Monarch Of The Glen came through the school. Last time I visited the school shortly before it was demolished there was nothing happening after school and the place just felt so wrong. A great pity but probably not too unusual nowadays.

lucky1 18:58 10 May 11

I was very fortunate. I attended a school which was approved by Her Majesty's Government!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos