My New Retirement

crosstrainer 15:29 12 Sep 08

Has started (Silly name for a thread, you can't have an "Old" retirement) And so far I have:

Re-strung my guitars, and treated the neighbours to badly played riffs I used to know off by heart. I had to stop this when the dog's started joining in.

Contemplated a re-decoration of a few rooms in the house.

Test driven several of the cars in the list I posted a while back.

Attempted to promote the view that an organisation called Torchwood is actually real by changing my network SSID to that name (surprising results with that one)

Though about clearing the garden up but it's still too wet.

"Helped" my nearest neighbour with his new fish tank problems by providing him with Internet researched solutions which killed the remaining fish in the tank.

I may write a book....Before I upset everyone :))

Marko797 15:34 12 Sep 08

Pleased that u are keeping busy, although the neighbours might disagree.

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, but suppose u knew that.

Anyway, enjoy the retirement, I'm sure u deserve the right to chill.

...oh and don't forget the occasional FPS game, of course.

crosstrainer 15:39 12 Sep 08

Yes, from my efforts so far, I think I'd better stick to what I know, will persevere with the guitars though, as I used to enjoy playing. Just have to use headphones instead of the amp :)

Looking forward to the new Crysis offering and of course the FEAR newbie.

I'll give up on the tropical fish though (I actually would like a tank) but the care aspect is huge. Weekly Nitrate and Nitrite tests, filter changes, ammonia checks....and then they die anyway :((

newman35 15:42 12 Sep 08

"Contemplated a re-decoration of a few rooms in the house."

Yes, this is my favourite pastime,too, contemplating decorating (never doing, only contemplating).
In our case the grandkids do enough 'decorating' for us and it would be cruel to remove their noble efforts - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

crosstrainer 15:47 12 Sep 08

I actually enjoy decorating so I will do it...Something for the winter night's when I can't sleep.

I have to isolate the dog's (which they hate) else the entire house get's "Re-decorated" in canine style :))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:49 12 Sep 08

contemplating decorating
seems to be a favourite pastime.
its the best part of decorating.

The worst part is when the wife forces you into actually doing it. :0)

crosstrainer 15:54 12 Sep 08

Only the dog's and I as Mrs Crosstrainer is no longer with us, and two Jack Russell's (whilst smart) are not good with sandpaper and paint brushes... :))

God alone knows what their paper hanging skills would be like :))

rickf 17:47 12 Sep 08

crosstrainer,
Congratulations on your new found freedom. Probably around the same age as you but still working and playing. However, what I want to say is to keep playing that electric guitar. Keeps you young, reminds one of once youth thereby more understanding of the young ones around us. It also keeps the fingers nimble and less susceptible to athritis and keeps the mind alert.Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks??
Good luck

oresome 18:35 12 Sep 08

Slow down!

I've been retired 14 months and have just got round to decorating one of the bedrooms.

spuds 19:52 12 Sep 08

Isn't it funny how 'new retirement' people start off with breaking the speed barrier, with all those jobs that never got done previously.

You then begin to find that the five minute break between things, takes half an hour ;o)

laurie53 20:10 12 Sep 08

My God! You must be worn out with all that activity.

Chill out, man.

There's twenty years untouched yet (or only ten for me; I'll start soon.)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…