My Insulated World

morddwyd 16:02 12 Mar 10

A young woman, missing for a week, has just been found dead locally.

Nothing unusual unfortunately. It happens all too often.

But then I realised I had passed within 10 metres of that woman’s body half a dozen times.

So had hundreds of others of course, but you read these reports, and think “How dreadful” and go on about your business in your safe little world.

Suddenly the violence is an awful lot closer, and you’re not quite as distant from it as you would like to think.

Forum Editor 17:35 12 Mar 10

A few years ago a woman was murdered two hundred yards from my house. It happened after midnight on New Year's eve, and my wife heard screaming. She thought it came from some New year revellers, but it was probably the victim - apparently she put up a fight as her killer tried to rape her.

It shook us up, and I still think of it when I pass the spot. The killer wasn't caught.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:50 12 Mar 10

We all live very sheltered lives and avoid thinking about anything outside our own little worlds especially the nasty stuff.

:0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…