My Grass is still Growing...

Z1100 15:29 15 Dec 06

and the Crocuses are already 1" to 1" 1/2 out of the ground. My first thought was that this is quite funny, or odd, but when I think about it, it is what the Scientists have said all along.

Global Warming is having an effect all around us every day. And somedays when I am going about my housework, being kind to the planet with my recycling I just wonder, am I 'flogging a dead horse'?

Surely everyone is concerned about this, aren't they?

Hanx!
K.

Kate A 15:36 15 Dec 06

Apart from Gordon Brown, apparently - click here

Cymro. 16:28 15 Dec 06

I know that I should be concerned about it but I am not, as there is no point in worrying about things I can do so little about.

I do what little I can with re-cycling etc. but I don`t think the general public or their politicians take the matter seriously enough.

It was the scientist who got us in to this mess, and so I hope that they will be the once to get us out of it.

With places like India and China hurrying to industrialize and America doing nothing there seems little hope.

Jackcoms 16:52 15 Dec 06

I've pondered long and hard - but I have to admit defeat.

What on earth is this "Hanx!" which you put at the end of all your posts??

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:12 15 Dec 06

me thinks the (t) key on his kboard my not be working
sorry aboot the spelling mistake i have no e y u on mine

PurplePenny 19:10 15 Dec 06

I wish that it would get colder. We had a couple of flies in the flat the other day and a lacewing on the window! Our grass also needs mowing; the lawn mower should be tucked up in hibernation now. The Forsythia bush is starting to flower.

The worst aspect (as far as I'm concerned) is that we are still having to treat the cats with flea products: they usually get a break from that during the winter and spring :-(

rezeeg 19:57 15 Dec 06

Jackcoms "The title "Hanx!" is simply "Thanks" in a Northern Irish accent" from click here

rezeeg 20:03 15 Dec 06

am I 'flogging a dead horse'?

Yes and no. Global warming would have happened anyway, but we've probably helped to speed it up.

Jackcoms 20:32 15 Dec 06

Hanx for that. Begorrah. Top 'o the morning, etc, etc.

I am Spartacus 20:33 15 Dec 06

‘Hanx!’ Ahh, I see now, I’d also pondered on that word in every ZZ1100 post. I’ve never heard that before, even from my Irish friends. So it’s an affectation and in most cases when it’s been used then (when thanks! aren’t needed) it means ‘Hanx! for nothing’?

Jak_1 20:37 15 Dec 06

Hm, it doesn't feel any warmer! Gales and non stop rain over the North West.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5