my god i am so daft

denis93c 22:02 26 Apr 06

i am 43 and still do not know the reason for the centre circle on a football pitch,also why is there two boxes around the goalkeepers area?

Harpur 22:14 26 Apr 06

ring the English FA. oh..........maybe don't! they are still figuring out how to make a bigger cock up of Wembley and appointing a new manager. they're quite busy at the moment

The Spires 22:18 26 Apr 06

Me niether, nor have I ever understood even vaguely the offside rule.

hzhzhz 22:23 26 Apr 06

why is there two boxes around the goalkeepers area?

The inner box contains the penalty area whilst the outer box contains the area in which the goalkeeper can handle the ball.

reason for the centre circle.

At kick-off, apart from player kicking off all players must be outside the centre circle.

Something like that anyway.

hzhzhz 22:28 26 Apr 06

If a foul is committed within the penalty area the referee can award a penalty. If committed outside the penalty area then the referee can award a free kick, either direct,where the player taking it can score directly,or indirect, where the player taking it has to pass the ball to another player before a goal can be scored.

hzhzhz 22:32 26 Apr 06

Just found this for here

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:35 26 Apr 06

As has been said, the center circle is a boundary. At kickoff all players apart from the two "kicking off" (no, not fighting) must be outside this circle.

As for the goalkeeper's area, I'm afraid hzhzhz is slightly incorrect, the larger box is the penalty area and is the area in which any foul commited by the team whose penalty area it is may result in a penalty or indirect free kick and is the area where the goalkeeper may handle the ball.

The smaller box is the six yard box and this defines the area from which the goalkeeper must take a goal kick.

hzhzhz 22:45 26 Apr 06

Tasslehoff Burrf

I stand corrected. I havn't been a footie fan since the sixties, when I was a Spurs fanatic.

denis93c 23:28 26 Apr 06

thank you all for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…