my eyes!, my eyes!

tommy vercetti 17:28 02 Mar 06

Just thinking. Im a regular browser of these forums and ive been noticing recently that my eyes are getting a bit tired. I think the site has a great design but think maybe the contrast between the background and words (ie black and white) is a bit harsh.
Anyone else have this problem or should i get my eyes tested?

watchful 17:49 02 Mar 06

I think you may need your eyes testing as it looks grey on grey to me.

SG Atlantis® 17:49 02 Mar 06

Absolutely no problems here.

WhiteTruckMan 17:58 02 Mar 06

Try adjusting the brightness & contrast of your monitor. Easier than adjusting your eyes or the site page.

WTM

ade.h 18:37 02 Mar 06

It has no more contrast than it needs to be easily readable. If my eyes are tired - and they often are - I either reach for the contrast button or have a break.

hzhzhz 19:26 02 Mar 06

tommy vercetti

I have same trouble. The white backgrounds on many sites is just too dazzling. If you reduce contrast etc then when your'e on a darker site, back up goes the contrast etc. I'm forever adjusting. When on games I can have the settings up to max usually.
Its the white backgrounds that's the problem with web sites.
Ive adjusted the windows settings so that when I'm in word for example I have the grey background, much nicer on the eyes. Shame you cant do that with websites.

jakimo 21:24 02 Mar 06

Specsavers come highly recommended

ade.h 22:05 02 Mar 06

Tommy Vercetti might already have corrective lenses, but might have one or more symptoms or conditions that are worsened by certain activity. I speak from experience; even with glasses, using a screen of any kind is a fairly short-term excercise for me, with regular breaks.

Forum Editor 23:11 02 Mar 06

That's why we don't have a white background behind the posted text. We have pale grey.

rmcqua 09:42 03 Mar 06

There is a medical condition (don't know its name) from which several of the kids in my school suffer, that necessitates us providing them with tinted sheets to place over bright white paper.

tommy vercetti 09:51 03 Mar 06

i have taken White Truck mans advice and reduced the brightness and contrast settings on my monitor (cant believe i didnt think of that!)
Seems to be doing the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…