My comp's gone missing!

Dan the Confused 01:51 04 Sep 04

I bought a new computer last year and I've been very happy with it but the other day I sneezed - and now it's gone! I've looked everywhere...curtains, window sill, carpet...but still can't find it. It's worrying cos I need to do some dusting and hoovering and I'm worried I may never see it again. The only reference I can find to it is click here can anyone help?

carolineann 14:58 04 Sep 04

The mind boggles.

Try this.

click here

carolineann 15:04 04 Sep 04
  Forum Editor 16:29 04 Sep 04

before such technology becomes avaliable to you or me, and quite honestly I'm not holding my breath. I can already have all the computing power I'm ever likely to need, and more, for little more than the cost of a weekend away.

It doesn't take a supercomputer to write a few letters, run a few spreadsheets and databases and surf the web.

Dan the Confused 17:03 04 Sep 04

And didn't IBM predict the world would never need more than 5 computers?

On this bio-technology, I remember it being billed as 'the next big thing' but it seems to have gone a bit quiet as of late. In fact, aren't Microsoft still investing in it? You can do things like store a million terabytes on a grain of sand (or something like that). It certainly does make the mind boggle.

With computer technology moving so fast, will it really be that long before I have a semi-living comp?

(PS Thanks for the tips carolineann, I'll try them!)

Dorsai 18:49 04 Sep 04

one day, certianly, but not tomorrow i hazard to guess.

Forum Editor 19:26 04 Sep 04

Yes, it will.

I can't see bio-computers hitting the market for a very long time - there are far too many technical obstacle to overcome first. For something to warrant a huge development budget it must have a potentially huge market waiting for it, otherwise nobody's going to invest. Good old silicone has still got a way to go, and as I said earlier - most of us don't need a computer that can store terrabytes of data on a pinhead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…