My Claim to Fame

amonra 20:58 16 Sep 08

Whilst stopped in a rest area in Montana recently, another car parked alongside me. Thinks, that looks a bit odd, gets out and Lo and behold a google camera car !!!
I got talking to the driver just to confirm my suspicions and he said yes, it was a camera car. He gave me a description of what was involved, very boring, driving from A to B along a set route. He had covered up the camera to protect it from the rain (the blue hood) and he was on his way to Nebraska, so I followed for him some miles when he re-started.. So if anybody wants to know what I look like, then have a look on the border of Montana and Nebraska (Interstate 90)and look for a green Toyota with the driver waving out of the window, that's me !!!
That's my claim to fame this year.
click here

lotvic 23:17 16 Sep 08

Hey Well done amonra
I shall look forward to 'finding you' famous :))

laurie53 09:16 17 Sep 08

If ever I'm in Montana I'll remember there's no point looking for a Google camera car, as that area's been done!

I'll have to find something else to look at.

interzone55 09:24 17 Sep 08

There's a fleet of googlecars around the UK at the moment. If you see a black Opel Astra (not Vauxhall, the cars were bought via GM's German wing) with a big pole on the roof you've found one.

Currently there's one roaming the streets of Edinburgh.

You can use this map to track where they've been spotted by readers of The Register
click here

Condom 02:08 18 Sep 08

You mean they are not using their famous electric cars which they give to their staff to run around in. Shame on them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5