My apologies

Forum Editor 21:23 17 Feb 06

to those of you who have emailed me over the past 12 hours or so, and have received no response.

I'm working from New York for a few days, and although I'm in the forum as usual - albeit from a different time-zone - and receiving your mail, it's just too fiddly to set up a sending facility from my hotel. So....until Wednesday of next week nobody will receive replies, although I'll continue to receive (and if necessary act upon) your messages.

Thanks for your patience.

Big Elf 21:29 17 Feb 06

What you need is a deputy to travel to do all the onerous stuff like travelling around the world in your stead:o)

Forum Editor 21:31 17 Feb 06

I take it you're available?

I assure you it becomes very tedious after a while.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:32 17 Feb 06

to set up a sending facility for you and charge it to IDG?

Big Elf 21:33 17 Feb 06

Unfortunately not. I've done a (very little) of what you do and would struggle to cope. I am only a human being not a Superman.

p;3 21:33 17 Feb 06

hopefully there will be no need for any one to contact you; and all will remain quiet ; one hopes:)

VoG II 21:39 17 Feb 06

I presume this is unrelated to the recent record snowfall, or does it follow you on your travels, FE ;o)

Forum Editor 21:44 17 Feb 06

My hotel overlooks Central park, and through my window I can see piles of snow dotted around - all that remain of the recent falls. It's been a warmish day here (48 degrees), but as I write it's 4:30 in the afternoon,and getting decidedly chilly.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone to hold back on the email - if you need to contact me please do so in the normal way. You'll just get no reply for a few days.

Mr Mistoffelees - it's not worth it for such a short while. I can send webmail from my business address, but that's separate from my IDG mail - I don't have webmail access to that.

rmcqua 22:17 17 Feb 06

FE,
Enjoy your time in New York and remember me to Boston when you overfly on your way home. I lived there for 4 years and grew to love it. Before that I used to travel to North America about 8 times per year and East Asia about 6 per year. Did that for 20 years. Sounds great, doesn't it, until you try it. Anyway, my family's orders are for Dunkin Donuts coffee and some decent cheesecake, and my wife keeps muttering about "a little something from Tiffany's".

VoG II 22:26 17 Feb 06

Yes, enjoy. I also do a fair amount of travelling on business (fortunately a lot less now that nearly everyone has e-mail) and, yes - it does become tedious no matter how exotic the location.

We're off to Las Vegas for a holiday in a couple of weeks - it's an acquired taste. If I return having gambled away my house I'm sure you'll all pitch-in :o)

rdave13 02:15 18 Feb 06

Bet on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5