a must -have for Norton lovers perhaps?

p;3 17:22 14 Dec 06

received a mail shot today about bt total broadband; had been vaguely thinking about it for some time, but , as I am really Ok with the level I have at present, I thought I would just skim through the literature;

and had a chuckle when I read that the total BB comes with "norton"s market- leading anti-virus and firewall software", all included with their option 2

MIGHT have considered it but..no thanks
however, if you wish to go with norton..then here is your chance perhaps?

Wilham 11:28 15 Dec 06

p;3: Thanks, and good timing. I used to be with Norton2003 but fell out a year or so later when over-upgrading by me led to 'time-out' on sent messages. I took advice from this PCA forum and switched to AVG Free Edition, - which has been great.

I have heard from Grisoft that my AVG v7.1 will cease to be free mid-Jan 2007. So I'm looking at options, which makes this BT offer interesting. I could pick up Norton2007 cheap enough elsewhere, but, in long term, BT/Norton could prove reasonable value if it includes free upgrades 2008/9/...
Or is that not revealed?

p;3 11:42 15 Dec 06

I am glad this has been of use for someone::))
this
click here links to info about avg

and this

click here links direct to the avg exe for the new version; if you wish you can take it on board now

I am on BT BB and use avg with no problems; avg is free and updates daily ; strongly suggest you do NOT go with the norton; stick with the avg as you are now and see how you get on with doing the upgrade ; if you need to , start your own thread if you get into problems with it as you will not know if folks have replied

and ps; avg is FREE...norton is not::))

brundle 12:00 15 Dec 06

AVG is still free - the wording of the warning about 7.1 being discontinued appears to have misled lots of people.
It is up to 7.5 now and can be downloaded here click here

mammak 12:51 15 Dec 06

I declined on this offer from BT a while back and have no regrets whats so ever. :-)

Wilham 14:47 15 Dec 06

brundle: I, for one have been misled. I should have written '...AVG 7.1 Free will cease after mid Jan 2007; it is replaced by v7.5.'

I expect you are right, but where can you see that AVG v7.5 will be free after January?
In p;3's link I found this...."GRISOFT now offers the option of a 1-year or a 2-year licence. The price of AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 starts at $29.95 for a one-year license and $38.95 for a two-year licence"

Is there exemption for amateurs? Maybe.
Amused to see spelling change with price.

jaritch 16:38 15 Dec 06

7.5 is free indefinitely download here free.grisoft.com

jaritch 16:39 15 Dec 06
  p;3 17:18 15 Dec 06

if one wishes to go for the paid for version of AVG(which i do not),then do so,; I do not have the link for that; AVG version 7.1 will no longer be available from January 2007; however, the newer version of 7.5 IS available and IS still FREE;

as to Norton ( which started this lot off).IT as far as I am aware IS a paid for antivirus set up with all the hassles involved with it

SO; if you ARE thinking OF taking on board the bt total BB , take note; if you like Norton then you should have no problems; if, like me, you do NOT like Norton and prefer something more friendly and easy to remove from your pc, then you should think twice(at least) about the BT offer

dwight20 20:07 15 Dec 06

'as to Norton ( which started this lot off).IT as far as I am aware IS a paid for antivirus set up with all the hassles involved with it'

NIS is a free option with BT BB. You don't have to have it if your prefer another program. For those that like Norton, they are quids in.

dwight20 20:10 15 Dec 06

Meant to add, I have BT BB which I find superb. No problems whatsoever and I use AVG and ZoneAlarm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…