Musical Notes.......

kev.Ifty 23:32 16 Nov 04

Request on behalf of Megan aged 6 1/2.

How do i type Musical Notes? You know them Crotchets and Quavers things.

I thought Kids where supposed to know about computers. She Say's "Dad's are supposed to know everything!" How disappointed is she going to be? ;-)

Anybody got an idea?

Cheers.

Pesala 23:39 16 Nov 04

There are a few musical symbols in the Miscellaneous symbols character set. You can insert them in Word using the Insert symbol dialogue, or type them with Alter + decimal codepoint, e.g. Alter + 9834 on the numeric keypad.

9834 ♪

9835 ♬

9836 ♬

9837 ♭

9839 ♯

Pesala 23:42 16 Nov 04

9838 ♮

Only the first two are in Times New Roman and Arial. You will find more in the Lucida Sans Unicode font. If you need more than that, you will need to use a musical symbol font.

kev.Ifty 23:54 16 Nov 04

Thankyou very much!

Megan wants to write a story. "I know when people speak you have to put quotes, but what do you put when they sing?" She asked.

"Musical notes" I said, not giving it much thought. "How do i type them?" Asked Megan.

"Arr, isnt it bedtime?.... I'll find out and tell you in the morning"

Cheers Pesala.......

lol Kev.

Pesala 23:54 16 Nov 04
  kev.Ifty 23:57 16 Nov 04

Even more THANX.

PDF saved

wallbash 00:00 17 Nov 04

quote She Say's "Dad's are supposed to know everything!"

Long may she utter those words!

from , a father of two older girls

Daz35 00:45 17 Nov 04

Or if you ever wanted her to be a copyist when she's older, you could buy Sibelius which costs loads of money and is used by pro's to write sheet music............

61/2, maybe not then....!

kev.Ifty 01:04 17 Nov 04

Sibelius?

Sounds like several months of learning 'how to!'

Aint got time for that.;-)

Would you believe, a couple of weeks ago i saw that for sale at a Carboot somewhere for a tenner or there-a-bouts?

The mind boggles!

Kev.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…