Music Knowledge Required?

Bingalau 09:47 28 Oct 08

Just took this from an American News Letter... It may appeal to some people on here...

Name My Tune

I can’t stand to have a song stuck in my head. That's especially true if all I have is just the tune and not the lyrics or if I can only remember a few of the words to a song. That makes it really hard to do a lyric search to find it. But, I need not ever fear that again, because I’ve found Name My Tune and with that, I can get other people to help me out.

Sing – This is the section where you can put your song out there to get named. What do you need? Well, all you need is a microphone. Yep, that’s it! Choose your microphone from the drop down list, click Next, record your tune and click Next again. Now, you need to choose the genre, era and your e-mail address and then click Submit. After that, people can start identifying your tune.

Listen – This is the section that lets you listen to tunes and identify them yourself. The flip side to the sing section, of course! To start, select a genre and an era and click Search. You can leave this set to Any to get a completely random selection. To listen, click Playback and if you know the name of the tune, click the Name This Tune button underneath the player. If you don’t know it, you can move ahead to the next tune by clicking the Next tune button.

Help – If you’ve had trouble in any of these sections, you can head over to the Help section, which will walk you through it step by step and probably answer whatever questions arise.

Are you ready to name those tunes? Well, get out there and start listening! Only you can put someone else’s mind to rest by naming their tune!

click here

Seth Haniel 09:51 28 Oct 08

have to try it at the weekend as I have two songs that no-one has been able to identify so far ;)

Chegs ®™ 09:54 28 Oct 08

I tried having a listen to see if I could help identify a song,and the 1st thing I heard sounded like someone straining with constipation.Therefore,I wont be using the site again.

Si_L 11:27 28 Oct 08

When I record the song, it will only let me record 10 seconds, then tells me that the clip is too short!

Bingalau 12:20 28 Oct 08

I haven't been on the site yet, but from the reports so far I don't think I will bother. sorry it's not what I imagined it to be folks.

Si_L 12:50 28 Oct 08

I remember not long ago, there used to be a number on Coke bottles which you could ring, hold your phone up to your speakers for a few seconds, and then hang up, and you would get a text with the Artist and Song.

No idea if its still around though.

skeletal 12:59 28 Oct 08

Thought I'd try for a laugh...I get no sound from my (working) speakers.

Skeletal

Jim Thing 13:15 28 Oct 08

"I tried having a listen to see if I could help identify a song,and the 1st thing I heard sounded like someone straining with constipation."

The thing's probably still searching throught its vast database of songs that fit that description..

Stuartli 23:35 28 Oct 08

You are thinking of Shazam - you dial 2580 (i.e. straight down the central bank of numbers) and hold your mobile up to the music. See:

click here

Si_L 00:04 29 Oct 08

Thats the one!

Cheers mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos