Mushroom bonanza. Is a transplant realistically practical?

Aitchbee 10:45 13 Sep 11
Answered

This morning, unexpectantly, I noticed about 20 large,white,pointed mushrooms growing across the road, on the grass verge.As I have just recovered ten big pots (with compost) from my runner-bean patch,would it be OK to dig then up (the mushrooms) and give them a different home.

Aitchbee 11:28 13 Sep 11

Thanks fourm member.They have come up over the last 3 years (and last about a week).I think will just take some nice close-up photographs and leave them where they are.

Quickbeam 11:40 13 Sep 11

Who'd be any the wiser if they're in a verge where a contractor just mows it all back every now and again?

I know someone with nice birch and hawthorne trees that were removed as year old seedling trees from a verge where they would have just had the grass cutter kill them.

wiz-king 12:00 13 Sep 11

As long as you are not going to eat them!

Aitchbee 12:05 13 Sep 11

wiz-king - if I can get a good identification from a mycology expert, they will be in my next stir-fry.(if edible)

Aitchbee 12:31 13 Sep 11
Answer

I just had a go at lifting a clump of 4 big mushrooms with a spade, but they are very fragile...two of them broke off ...and I was being very careful.The rest will not be touched.Thanks for your replies.

spuds 12:47 13 Sep 11

Perhaps might be best to buy yourself a mushroom kit!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…