Murray becomes a Champion,at last

daz60 11 Sep 12

Well after 3/4's of a century Britain has a singles tennis champion,congrats to Murray.

Wonder if Connery and Ferguson's pep talk helped,and a knighthood maybe.!!

Quickbeam 11 Sep 12

Something changed in him after his 2012 Wimbledon defeat and was seen first with the Olympic gold win.

kad60 11 Sep 12

just Champion

forgot the link.

john bunyan 11 Sep 12

Interestingly Salmond etc have said he is the Scottish, not British champion. He did well, whatever he is!

HondaMan 11 Sep 12

Three cheers for Murray!!

Condom 11 Sep 12

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

His new mentor seems to installed that final, Je ne sais quoi, into Murray. It must have been so difficult winning on this surface which is not his best. Djokovic is also one of his best friends and isn't it amazing that they both went to the same Spanish school over 10 years ago.

Sorry Dunblane but as far as I'm concerned Murray will always be from his birthplace, Glasgow

Bing.alau 11 Sep 12

Not one of AitchBEE's new neighbours is he?

Forum Editor 11 Sep 12

"His new mentor seems to installed that final, Je ne sais quoi, into Murray."

It's called the killer instinct. Now he's seen how it works for him I'm sure we'll see him go on to win other championships.

oresome 11 Sep 12

I do believe I saw him smile, albeit briefly, during an interview this morning!

Bing.alau 11 Sep 12

I've seen him smile quite a few times. I know he is the serious type but what's wrong with that?

Most Scots are known as dour and serious people. It takes all sorts to make a World. We would be having a moan if all he ever did was wear a sickly smile for ninety per cent of the time. He would then look a bit like Sean Connery who always seems to have that inane grin on his face.

(Stand back and awaits the flak from Wee Eddie and co. I hope Macscouse's LHO doesn't take offence and join in).

Condom 11 Sep 12

The public tend to see Andy while he is "at the office" so to speak but privately he is quite a relaxed and jovial person.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message