Mummy, what's a role model?

Forum Editor 18:55 08 Jun 07
  wolfie3000 19:12 08 Jun 07

Just a case of lazy mothers.

TopCat® 19:15 08 Jun 07

The beginnings of a new fashion trend, maybe? TC.

Legolas 19:41 08 Jun 07

I not in my pyjamas at the moment because my favourite blue fluffy ones with the bunnies on are in the wash.

johndrew 19:44 08 Jun 07

`role model` or sack tied in the middle with a bit of hairy string. Ah well, everybody is some mothers` child (whether they like it or not).

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:52 08 Jun 07

Absolutely appalling and I can see where Jeremy Kyle's' audience comes from. Bunch of lazy bints with no self esteem if you ask me and it tends to make me look favourably at eugenics. I can only guess at the message it sends to their hapless broods.

G

Si_l 19:55 08 Jun 07

Good on them, they should be allowed to wear what they want. Too many people are being sucked into social norms which make no sense.

SB23 20:00 08 Jun 07

I would have to agree with TopCat®.
I have 3 children that I walk to school each morning, and I believed this to be a trend, one that I had never seen before.
Alot of the younger mothers do seem to wear their jammies in the mornings. I even made a passing comment to one that I had got to know, to be told, that it was easier to get the kids ready, and into school, before going back to get dressed!
I just laughed, what else could I do?

Steve

VoG II 20:34 08 Jun 07

I was at a meeting recently and (outside of the meeting) a lady from Canada announced that she got into her 'PJs' as soon as she got home from work. I didn't say anything but I found this odd - I only do this if I am ill.

harps1h 20:41 08 Jun 07

personally i think it show a certain amount of loosing self respect. one which children will pick up on very quickly

harps1h 20:44 08 Jun 07

i'm not sure the word bint is entirely appropriate for this thread. below is a definition of the word "bint" one which i am sure i would not like any of my children using at any stage in their lives

A slang word in the United Kingdom, and Ireland, a derogatory term for a woman. Usage varies with a range of harshness from 'bitch', referring to a disagreeable and domineering woman, to only a slightly derogatory term for a young woman. The latter being associated more with usage in the West Midlands. It is unclear whether it entered the English language as a loan of the Arabic term.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now