Muddy waters

spikeychris 12:17 08 Jan 05

The thread click here is now at 80 posts [1206 - 08-01] lots of the posts are just clouding the issue and sending more and more emails to the person who has asked the question. I'd hate to be working on that problem as I would have to trawl through all the "add to my postings" to reach the issues.

Etiquette could be to wait until the problem is solved then add to it or just right click the subject and "add to favourites"

octal 14:08 08 Jan 05

I don't know why people do that, if I'm helping someone and a number of other people start butting in, my usual reaction is to back off and leave them to it. Probably not helpful to the person with the problem, maybe I'm not assertive enough, but this is only a hobby and I have enough of being assertive at work without it encroaching on my hobby.

Anyway, if I'm helping someone and I realise I'm getting in over my neck I stop and say so, no harm in being honest if you don't know and one might actually learn something by listening to them's that do know, like a couple of the participants in that thread!

Forum Editor 15:32 08 Jan 05

I've posted in that thread on this very topic, so forgive me if I draw this to a close?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…