MS IE9 RC is out

TopCat® 23:32 10 Feb 11
Answered

More details at click here TC.

birdface 09:00 11 Feb 11

This Looks like it.

click here

I am one of the few who does not like I/E9 preferred it with the search bad attached.

Forum Editor 09:40 11 Feb 11

RC stands for Release Candidate. I know that you knew this TC, but others might not.

Marko797 11:13 11 Feb 11

but does anyone know if this has moved on massively since the earlier beta release of last year?

I tried that version and (IMHO) it was terrible so uninstalled and reverted to IE8, which I'm still using quite happily.

Woolwell 12:38 11 Feb 11

I've had to abandon IE9 beta as after a windows update it refused to run, crashing whenever it opened. I uninstalled what I thought was the relevant update, uninstalled IE9 and re-installed and without the update it still crashed and without any add-ons too. It's a pity as I thought it had potential. I will now have to try IE9 RC and see if that runs ok.

Forum Editor 12:44 11 Feb 11

since the earlier beta release of last year?"

Well if it has,it's escaped me. Thirty minutes after I installed the Release Candidate it locked up, and refused to do anything.

I have - for the time being at any rate - returned to good old, fast, reliable Google Chrome.

Quickbeam 16:10 11 Feb 11

Shouldn't you post in the helproom for a solution FE?

Quickbeam 16:11 11 Feb 11

I've just tried it, it works OK, but I still prefer Firefox.

Woolwell 19:38 11 Feb 11

I've installed it and it runs! So far so good.

ams4127 21:19 11 Feb 11

I've installed it and it runs perfectly.

ams4127 21:31 11 Feb 11

I've installed it and it runs perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple