MPs want UK jail time for hacker

peter99co 19:50 04 Nov 08

UK MPs are calling for hacker Gary McKinnon to serve any sentence he receives in a British jail.
click here

If you can't do the time then don't do the crime.
Why should we pay to keep this guy in prison?

If his offence was against USA Targets he should get USA punishment surely.

Mr McKinnon could face decades of jail time, and millions of dollars in fines. I cant see him serving many years in a UK jail.

Is that the problem, the US system to hard for our soft MP's

tullie 20:47 04 Nov 08

Dont know why they are interfering,the Americans should tell them to keep their noses out.

Forum Editor 23:19 04 Nov 08

really care what happens to this man. One way or another it looks as though he's going to jail for a long time, and if he's convicted in America he should be a burden on the American taxpayer.

red1977 08:52 05 Nov 08

what exactly did he do?

PC Advisor Fan 10:47 05 Nov 08

I feel that he should get an award as he as proved a really valuable point that there system was not secure

John B 11:02 05 Nov 08

Here's a link to a 2006 BBC interview with Gary McKinnon.

click here

I found it an interesting read.

Pine Man 11:15 05 Nov 08

'I feel that he should get an award as he as proved a really valuable point that there system was not secure'

On that basis succesful spammers should also get an award for proving that anti-spam programs don't work!

Get real.

Seth Haniel 16:23 05 Nov 08

couple of his interviews available to listen to at "projectCamelot" - and "GlastonburyRadio"
just google them ;)

with a lot more revelaed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…