//some 3rd party need geo

Mozilla Firefox tweak

CurlyWhirly 18:32 11 Apr 05

I have just come across this little Firefox 'tweak':

Firstly open Firefox, then in the address bar, type in about:config
Start by finding 'network.http.pipelining' and double-click it to read true and then do the same for 'network.http.pipelining.maxrequests' and change the value from the default of 4 to 10.

Finally, find the 'browser.turbo.enabled setting' and double-click on it to change if from the default false to true.

Firefox should run a bit faster now.
Apologies if this has been posted before!

LastChip 19:02 11 Apr 05

Does the same thing for you automatically ;-)

octal 19:08 11 Apr 05
  CurlyWhirly 19:18 11 Apr 05

I see I should have used the search facility!
Never mind. :0(

Dan the Doctus 19:24 11 Apr 05

You can do the same thing in IE, download managers and other apps. I prefer to leave them at default values as otherwise it does put additional strain on servers, and I don't feel I need the additional speed. Not being preachy, just my point of view.

Indigo 1 22:48 11 Apr 05

I was searching for this thread earlier but couldn't find it, glad someone else posted in it, now I can add it to My Postings.

Cheers

Yoda Knight 14:28 12 Apr 05

How would you go about implementing these changes in IE ?

Dan the Doctus 15:18 12 Apr 05

"Internet Explorer 4, 5 & 6 have been designed to comply with Hypertext Protocol 1.1. This dictates that a web browser should draw no more than two stream of data at any one time. However, your browser is capable of getting many more times that, and so if you were to increase the number of streams that it is looking for, you will vastly speed up the whole process."

click here

Elyse 18:15 15 Apr 05

Good to know -- aside from the added security features that firefox offers, why does it tend to run so much slower than IE? anyone know?

Joe R 19:15 15 Apr 05

Elyse,

I've been running firefox for a while now, and if anything, I would say it's slightly faster.

CurlyWhirly 00:38 16 Apr 05

Good to know -- aside from the added security features that firefox offers, why does it tend to run so much slower than IE? anyone know?

I think because it isn't bloatware and it isn't part of the operating system so Firefox is a leaner version of Internet Explorer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…