Moving house - the hard way

WhiteTruckMan 11:45 21 May 09

Motivations aside, I really am in awe at this persons achievement

click here

I can certainly say that I wouldn't do any such thing with my house.

WTM

johndrew 12:08 21 May 09

It may have taken her 23 years to achieve, but what an achievement and the house looks terrific. She gets my vote for enterprise and effort.

I agree with you, it`s not a task I would even consider.

Chegs ®™ 12:28 21 May 09

Desperate measures require (sometimes)extreme solutions.This woman was from a different era.

Bingalau 17:09 21 May 09

She was a real brick.

Forum Editor 19:21 21 May 09

I'm in the town several times a year, and next time I go I'll make a point of visiting this house.

click here

The book about it is on its way to me.

WhiteTruckMan 20:40 21 May 09

at the mindset of the council who would casually flatten a half millenia old building just to put a road through.

Especially as these days the same people would be all over you like a cheap suit if you as much as thought about double glazing.

WTM

Spark6 23:37 21 May 09

To read a tale of such determination and dedication is mind blowing. Having watched Question Time this evening, and then reading this, I now have a little more faith in our future.

The book will be ordered tomorrow to read, digest, and hand on to my children.

rdave13 19:34 22 May 09

I'm sure there was a program about May Savidge a few years ago. Think it was on Ch.4 but can't be certain. Tried googling for info but can't find anything. She certainly had a purpose in life but begs the question why?

WhiteTruckMan 20:35 22 May 09

I did say in my first post "Motivations aside.."

To be honest I am happy enough just to be impressed with the determination shown, without having to dig further into it. The fact that she hoarded some - on the face of it- strange things might tell some people something.

I just prefer to think of it as harmless eccentricities.

WTM

amazing story, thanks.

rdave13 20:59 22 May 09

More grim determination to succeed in something I think. That she did this is a wonderful story but at what price to herself?
" I just prefer to think of it as harmless eccentricities". Quite so but life is never that easy is it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…