A Moving Experience

oresome 12:16 27 Nov 07

Moving house is a stressful and expensive experience at the best of times.

Have you thought about how your phone line and broadband connection will be transfered? Simply contact your ISP and let them take care of it?

It seems it's not that simple and can be quite costly as well according to uSwitch.

click here

Totally-braindead 12:23 27 Nov 07

I must admit when I moved house last year I didn't keep my phone number but did have to switch my Broadband from my old to my new address and perhaps I was lucky but it went without a hitch.

spuds 13:12 27 Nov 07

Its like most things nowadays, the provider tries to obtain the most from the customer, in terms of customer relations.If they can get away with it, they will try it. More so if money is involved.

Some friends of mine moved houses the other week. They moved about half a mile and retained the existing phone number and service. The transfer wasn't noticeable and it went off without any problems. Didn't cost them anything, and I believe it was all done by BT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…