Motorway services "have turned the corner"...

Mr Mistoffelees 09:14 20 Jan 07

click here

What do you think? In my experience the quality is improving but, the prices are still very high.

Brumas 10:09 20 Jan 07

Arguably the BEST in the country
click here

Everytime we visit my son and daughter in Preston we call in here for our meal and we have never been disappointed. It is more like a good restaurant then motorway services because it is a local concern run by local people. Thoroughly recommendable, even Prince Charles agrees.

mikef. 10:27 20 Jan 07

I agree Torbay is really good, however I had the misfortune to stop at Charnock Richards going home at Christmas and the place was truly disgusting, car park pot holed, toilets filthy and very smelly, food outlets filthy

rodriguez 10:42 20 Jan 07

Anyone ever tried Bridgwater services? The main building doesn't look too bad, but then you've got this big ugly multistory car park. It makes the place look like a concerete jungle. It's also pretty dirty. We stopped there on the way back from Cornwall about 2 and half years ago, never again. There's another one a bit further up which we use now and I think that's called Sedgemoor and that's nicer. click here for a pic I took while waiting in the car and click here for other people's opinions on it.

Ho-Lin-Sok 13:46 20 Jan 07

Dunno about corners but some of them sure turn your stomach.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 20 Jan 07

Tend to use motorway services a lot for fuel and toilets but rarely buy food or drink as the prices are still high.

Notice that a lot now seem to have stores selling a variety of goods spill into the aisles, you need to run the gauntlet to make your way to the toilets.

Zero G 17:45 20 Jan 07

Mostly use truck-stops as they serve better food!
Stems from my days involved in Logistics, Motorway services really could not have gone any worse, most are crap so anything to tart them up is something.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:54 20 Jan 07

Anyone that deems Motorway services food edible has no taste buds at all. It is foul junk and defies any reasonable description. Anyone feeding this to their children should be taken away by Social Services in a dawn raid.

G

Brumas 18:02 20 Jan 07

It was praised by Egon Ronay when he surveyed Motorway Services in 2000 and gained 2 stars. One of only 5 MSA's to get this award.

I suppose old Egon was having an off day then ;0)

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:15 20 Jan 07

I have a feeling that he was not judging them by his 'normal' standards.....like the standards he judges the Fat Duck et al by.

G

Brumas 18:25 20 Jan 07

I disagree. I do not believe for one minute that he operated dual-standards, that was why the awards were so coveted!

But hey- it's only a forum, I don't want to take it too seriously :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac