Motorola phones.......

Pooke 23:45 19 Jun 05

I recently bought a cheap motorola v220 for work for £80. I wanted to connect it to the PC and found out it was £32.99 for the software to do this, I thought it was to much to pay. Then the phone started freezing and turning itself off.....

I emailed motorola and nothing happened, so I spent my lunch break a few days later exhanging for a Sony Ericsson K300i.

This K300i cost the same as the motorola and connected to XP via Infra Red seemlessly without any additional software..... It has much better features and I have been sending images, mp3s and midi files back and forth from it.

I then recieved a customer satisfaction survey from motorola asking me how well they answered my problem....... They didn't!

I am pretty disappointed in the company, their phone was not upto scratch and neither was their customer support.

Dumfy 04:48 20 Jun 05

Never had anything but problems with Motorola phones. Always locking up, poor battery life, hopeless menus - the list goes on. Gave them one last chance a year ago as I fancied a Smartphone so went for their MPX200 - three phones later, exchanged it for Sony Ericsson K700i and have never looked back.

Always said I'd never get another phone from Motorola and never will.....and I used to work for them. Even the majority phones the sold cheap to employees had to be returned due to various issues. Always remember the top boss asking why his employees had competitors phones and not Motorola's and show some commitment. Guess they were all to scared to say the truth.

Avoid like the plague - in my opinion only of course!

Dumfy

Pooke 12:16 20 Jun 05

Value for money, reliability and features - Sony Ericsson wins hands down for me. I have had loads of fun transfering stuff from the computer to it, very easy to do!

Motorola needs to re-think it's strategies, the V220 albeit a budget phone was very poor. I don't think I will invest in any of their more expensive models.

The other half wants a new phone at the end of the month. An important feature will be connecting to the PC with it.

Pooke

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…