Motorcyclists edition of Highway Code wanted

Covergirl 12:39 12 Jun 08

Anybody point me towards where I can get a copy of the Motorcyclists version. I can't find it anywhere.

It's the one which says you're on a motorbike so
you're allowed to :
overtake on double white lines;
overtake on the inside;
ignore speed limits;
over or undertake stationary traffic at junctions/traffic lights to get to the front of the queue;
weave through slow moving traffic to make progress;
etc

Thanks in advance

Quickbeam 12:43 12 Jun 08

They're at the back of the standard edition written in invisible ink...

Grey Goo 12:45 12 Jun 08

Are you sure that's the bikers version.

Earthsea 12:53 12 Jun 08

I wouldn't bother getting a new version because the version you've got looks a little iffy to me. How long have you been using it?

Covergirl 12:57 12 Jun 08

I don't have any version at the moment. I just want one so I can read up on the differences in the law between motorcyclists and car drivers.

Thanks

interzone55 13:02 12 Jun 08

I think this is the edition same as the cyclists version which says you're allowed to:

Go through traffic lights on red
Ride on the pavement to avoid junctions
Ride straight across Zebra & Pelican crossings ignoring any pedestrians that happen to be crossing at the time
Dump your bikes all across the pavement outside shops & cafes so pedestrians have to walk into the road to get past them

dagbladet 13:03 12 Jun 08

The main difference appears to be that car drivers are free to pull out of a junction directly into the path of a motorcycle, thereby catapaulting the unfortunate rider, 30 feet into the air.

mark2 13:11 12 Jun 08

drivers pulling out of driveways, blocking your side of the carriageway and stop, and as you are too close to stop safely, leaving you to take a chance with riding into oncoming traffic or try to ride onto the path behind them up their dropped kerb

John B 13:47 12 Jun 08

crosstrainer 17:02 12 Jun 08

Some considerate bikers you know.... I road large motorcycles safely and courteously for years, my wife, who is sadly no longer with us, preferred riding on the back (in good weather) than taking the car.

I gave up after she passed away as the fun had gone out of it, and the roads were becoming increasingly busier. When I moved back to Cardiff from North Wales, I decided that it was time to pack it in. There is as usual a minority who ruin things for others.

WhiteTruckMan 21:22 12 Jun 08

1-They're out to get you.

2-Get them first.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…