Motobility and Employment

ed1873 16:06 05 Apr 10

Hi

I am new to this Forum and 15 Months ago had bad accident at work, had to have below the knee amputation a few weeks ago, though i am told i may well be able to return to work, i have been looking at Motorbility and was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens if you go back to work, as i need an automatic car to get to my work, do i have to give up the car ?

Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:14 05 Apr 10

click here will help and ythere is a telephone number that you can ring for advice...from the horse's mouth as it were.

G

ed1873 16:28 05 Apr 10

Thanks GANDALF will do.

jakimo 16:32 05 Apr 10

Cant advise you with your question, but wish you well for the future.

tullie 16:35 05 Apr 10

I had the same op a few years ago.If you are on the higher rate of DLA,which you should be,you can get a motability car,paid for by your DLA.You can work as many hours as you want to as your DLA is not affected.

ed1873 16:37 05 Apr 10

Thank you very much jakimo , am desperate to go back to work so here,s hoping.

ed1873 16:41 05 Apr 10

Thanks tullie thats really good to know, am just waiting on my Prostetic Leg, so obviously i will need an automatic car, to get me to work and back.

tullie 16:49 05 Apr 10

I was off work for a year,got my nhs prosthetic leg,and thought i would never manage,but its really a piece of cake.Cant run around anymore,but i dident before anyway.The people you see running round,climbing mountains,dont have legs made by the nhs,but pay a lot of money for a private one.

tullie 16:52 05 Apr 10

And of course a lot depends on the type of work you do,i wouldent like to be standing allday,or walking a lot either.A lot depends on your age,younger folk find it easier.

ed1873 17:01 05 Apr 10

i was actually wondering about that tullie , how long will it be after i get my leg that i will not have to use my crutches and does it take a while to get used to the leg, i am a hoist engineer and may be doing a lot of kneeling and bending.

ed1873 17:20 05 Apr 10

Thank You fourm member will look into all of this before i make a decision.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…