More on Winter on the way

woodchip 19:28 17 Oct 12

Think I will be holed up in front of Gas Fire most of the winter. After looking at the link

Winter Hear we Come

wiz-king 19:33 17 Oct 12

Huh - I heard 'Indian summer' mentioned tonight.

morddwyd 20:11 17 Oct 12

It's that time of the year again.

Wake up, if it's dark and/or cold turn over and go back to sleep without bothering to check the clock.

Ah! The pleasures of retirement!

Al94 20:16 17 Oct 12

Couldn't agree more morddwyd, hear the rain battering on the roof and windows at 8.00 am this morning, black as night so just rolled over for another hour. Poor wife went off to work though but it's her choice!

Graham* 23:54 18 Oct 12

I could always tell if it was raining in the night when a wet cat jumped on the bed having been out via the cat flap.

Condom 06:47 19 Oct 12

The rain is battering down as I write this but who cares as it will soon stop. As you in the UK head for colder climes I am looking forward in the next few weeks to the end of the rainy season and the beginning of a long hot dry season. My mother used to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the weather it was just that I wore the wrong clothes. So shorts and T shirt will soon be the order of the day plus my Australian bush hat (doctor's orders).

Bing.alau 10:04 19 Oct 12

Condom. Take good notice of the doctor's orders re the bush hat. After spending some years in Singapore where the uniform included a beret for the head, how I now wish that we had been able to wear bush hats like my Aussie pal who then lived next door. Berets tend to get a bit sweaty and don't give any covering to the face at all. Now many years later I am suffering from skin cancer and am tired of attending hospitals for minor surgery to remove bits and bobs from my ears, nose, cheeks etc. Of course the beret wasn't worn all the time either and came off whenever possible, the result of that means the top of my head also suffers and has had bits removed.

My wife of curse never bothered with a hat at all. She followed the local womens' habit of always having a "Wanchai" (brolly) up in both sun and rain. Consequently she didn't get skin cancer. Of course your mother gave you good advice too. So be a good boy and do as she told you.

morddwyd 20:06 19 Oct 12

Bingalau

Touching wood as we speak.

Like you, I spent a lot of time in the sun (Arabian Peninsula) working in the open clad in just shorts and flip flops - no berets or any other headgear, they tended to disappear down jet engines!

So far no skin nasties for me, but my wife has to go to regular liquid nitrogen sessions at the local hospital, due again on Thursday.

Have you tried for a War Pension? Remember it's tax free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac