More numbers

spikeychris 21:37 10 Jul 04

Just for fun and for attention of the FE. What was the most amount of users online at PCA at onetime? What are the average numbers? What are the peak times and what are the quiet times?

Old Shep 21:45 10 Jul 04

You are doing my head in since Speakers Corner got underway with all your posts. Surely only the FE can answer this question???? so your responses should be 1 apart from mine of course.

spikeychris 21:49 10 Jul 04

Shep please read "and for attention of the FE.".............

Old Shep 21:56 10 Jul 04

Whooooops sorry then why did'nt you contact him direct (Click on contact forum editor) to the left as no one else can give you this info.

spikeychris 21:59 10 Jul 04

Mr Shep. I posted this so others who might have wondered would also find out the answer....

Old Shep 22:10 10 Jul 04

You can call me Mike we are all friends here (Old Shep is just my nickname) Regards.

hooligan 23:28 10 Jul 04

AS then you know the best time to get a reply.

norman47 23:53 10 Jul 04

This has always been closely guarded and probably for a good reason. The site is free and whether you are a PCA reader or not, you have full access to the site. Revenue I believe comes from the mag and from advertisers. To say that you have xxx amount of sales of the mag and have a membership of over 140,000 to the website, must have a great amount of clout in attracting advertisers.

Lets not forget that it is probably the best computer forum on the net.

These statistics must impress present and future advertisers in what is a cut throat business. Just look at some television advertising, their revenues are falling.

Even on broadband you can tell when the site is extremely busy and when things ease off. The need to upgrade the server recently, must show how the popularity of the site is expanding.

Do we really need to know how many are logged on, when the most important thing is that we can access the site. Remember when it went down for about 3 days, members were going nuts, some even considered talking to there spouses, god forbid. lol The sigh of relief could be heard across the country when the problem was fixed.

This is what brings in advertisers, this is what makes this site free.

norman47 00:02 11 Jul 04

Hi Mike ( old shep ) you can call me Norman. lol

spikeychris 09:04 11 Jul 04

Nice one crx, I'd forgotten about that. "Do we really need to know how many are logged on" Well Norman nope we don't. I did however get an overwhelming urge to ask and I'm an urgey kind of fellow.

norman47 10:04 11 Jul 04

"I'm an urgey kind of fellow." fair enough.:-)

never seen that graph before. wow!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…