More Inheritance Taxation...

Quickbeam 12:06 21 Sep 07

Looks like the end of the 7 year rule is being targeted. click here;jsessionid=HCHQEM5ROF4OTQFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2007/09/21/ninherit121.xml

Let's all just send a pound of flesh to No 11 an' be done with it!

Quickbeam 12:07 21 Sep 07
  45 Mart 12:15 21 Sep 07

They'll not be happy until everyone is working for sod all, owns sod all, and is worth sod all.
......and they called Robin Hood "The Prince of Thieves", good grief, he was only playing at it.

daniel22 12:29 21 Sep 07

" They'll not be happy until everyone is working for sod all, owns sod all, and is worth sod all. "

Isn't that the same as going through a divorce:-(

Cymro. 13:12 21 Sep 07

You don`t get anything for nothing in this world. If you want public services then they have to be paid for. So where would you prefer the government to get the money from?"

daniel22
They'll not be happy until everyone is working for sod all, owns sod all, and is worth sod all. "

But there are people in this world that really don`t have sod all. They would be very glad to have to pay any sort of tax. As I have said before on this forum it is only those who have the money that pay tax.

Of all the different kinds of taxation in this country death duties are the once that I worry the least about.

Pine Man 13:16 21 Sep 07

'Looks like the end of the 7 year rule is being targeted'

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have just read the article and it is nothing to do with the end of the 7 year rule it is a crack down to make sure that those who use it make the correct declarations.

Pine Man 13:20 21 Sep 07

There was a thread on IHT recently and I fully agree with Cymro - it is the only tax you don't actually pay. It is taken from your estate after death. If IHT wasn't taken the alternative is for everybody living to pay extra tax to make up for the loss of IHT income.

Cymro. 13:21 21 Sep 07

Very good Pine Man.
If they only cracked down on all those who avoid paying tax then there would be less for the rest of us to pay.

45 Mart 13:37 21 Sep 07

But anything I own and would like to pass on to any offspring of mine, I have already paid tax on. So everything that is left after I have paid my tax on it, is then subject to yet more tax, and it is this I don't agree with.

mrwoowoo 14:05 21 Sep 07

"You don`t get anything for nothing in this world"
Does that include the won't work ,don't work,lets have a kid and a free council house junkies who don't pay a penny in tax.
No mortgage and more disposable income than your average earner with a mortgage.

Pine Man 14:07 21 Sep 07

No one likes paying tax BUT IHT raises £3.3 billion annually. If the relatively small amount of estates doesn't pay this into the budget where would you like the Chancellor to get it from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5