More Flood's on The Way..!!

Nibblerman 21:55 14 Aug 07

Contrary to the belief that what happened last month with the flooding in the UK was a "One in a Hundred Years flood" for the uk, My Brother in law works for a national monitoring agency that can safely state it wll be back either this year or next but not decades as is belived,it could even happen as soon as a few months away BUT no one is 100% sure but 95% is good enough for me, i know no one on this forum knows me i could be just saying this for a "Thread" but i have better things to do with my time, i would just like to make some of you aware of this point.
thankx

Forum Editor 00:01 15 Aug 07

when it comes to flooding, and I certainly don't think there's a general belief that flooding won't recur for decades.

Most experts are prophesying more flooding as sea levels rise, and in the UK we seem to be having wetter summers, so flooding is here to stay, I think.

Colin 07:55 15 Aug 07

"My Brother in law works for a national monitoring agency that can safely state it will be back either this year or next but not decades as is belived,it could even happen as soon as a few months away BUT no one is 100% sure but 95% is good enough for me".

I can also safely state that maybe possibly it's highly likely that something bad may happen.
Don't people just love bad news?

hereford456 17:01 15 Aug 07

My sister looked at 2 houses in the village she lives in.
She decided on the one at the top of the hill as it had a bigger garden.
The other house in the recent floods was 3 feet underwater!

egapup 17:17 15 Aug 07

My next door neighbour keeps horses and reckons that when the horses get thier winter coat early we are in for a bad winter, they have started getting thier winter coats already.

Si_L 17:52 15 Aug 07

Yey, more floods, exactly what us Tewkesburyians need...

sunny staines 18:20 15 Aug 07

there is a web site where you put the post code in and among the info it gives feet above sealevel, handy when checking out a house re flooding i have lost the link anyone got it please

realist 19:03 15 Aug 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…