More Election Stuff

morddwyd 22:50 02 May 10

Anybody else watch the Leaders' Debate north of the border?

With unrehearsed questions and supplementaries coming from the floor it was marginally more interesting than the UK wide debate.

Rather surprisingly Salmond seemed to get the most applause, though he is populist.

It really grieves me to say it, but I think Jim Murphy, the Scottish Secretary came out best.

rdave13 22:54 02 May 10

" Anybody else watch the Leaders' Debate north of the border? "
No. I've my own problems.

morddwyd 23:06 02 May 10

They're not a problem.

They're an irrelevance, maybe, but not a problem!

rdave13 23:30 02 May 10

Politics are always a problem otherwise all and sundry would be a politician - surely?

It is high time we had an English parliament for the English only without all these foreigneers West & North of the Borders of England

bremner 10:07 03 May 10

...I think that Scottish MP's should not be permitted to vote on matters that do not effect Scotland.

That no Scot may hold a government position in the Westminster Parliament and that all North Sea Oil income should go to Scotland.

bri-an 11:01 03 May 10

"..that all North Sea Oil income should go to Scotland."

Presumably backdated, and with interest? Talk about a 'black hole' for England!

john bunyan 11:18 03 May 10

" Presumably backdated, and with interest"
Why?. Scotland, under the "Barnet formula" gets more per head than England from the total government pot so has been compensated already. (eg they do not charge university fees etc)

DieSse 13:09 03 May 10

"...that all North Sea Oil income should go to Scotland."

What? - Even that in English or Norwegian, or Danish or (etc) waters?

click here

Quickbeam 13:13 03 May 10

Are there many years of North Sea Oil income left?

michaelw 14:02 03 May 10

I often wondered why the English parliament has had so many Scottish MPs, and has recently had two Scottish Prime Ministers, whereas there's no English MPs in the Scottish parliament.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…