More delays to come for western rail travellers

TopCat® 00:19 28 Feb 08

'Network Rail is nearly two weeks behind schedule on work to the West Coast Main Line due to be finished by December, the BBC has learned.
It is asking train companies for extra track closures for 13 weekends in the summer, on top of those planned for Easter and bank holidays...' click here

These rail delays are becoming commonplace now in this country and no one seems to give a damn, least of all for the paying public. I think Network Rail should be made to come clean and explain themselves fully for these delays to this nation. I hope the truth will out when the company makes its statement on this fiasco in due course. TC.

peter99co 09:09 28 Feb 08

They have just been fined £14 million but guess who has to pay the fine.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:27 28 Feb 08

This is one of many reasons why I never travel by public transport.

G

interzone55 09:32 28 Feb 08

You want to try living were I do, you wouldn't want to drive either.

between the emergency gas mains works, the sewer repairs and the "junction improvements" the roads are a nightmare. Sometimes it takes me over an hour to drive 4 miles to work.

peter99co 10:11 28 Feb 08

I used to find I could walk at 4 miles an hour

interzone55 21:43 28 Feb 08

I can walk 4 miles an hour, but to get to work I have to cross a massive junction with no traffic lights & no subway, it's a nightmare in a car, I'd hate to try to walk across it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…