Mobile Phones

Bingalau 10:56 30 Nov 10

Is it now normal for mobile phones not to have an in-car charger?

Al94 11:01 30 Nov 10

It's been that way for years in my experience, easily sourced from ebay though.

pavvi 11:12 30 Nov 10

Which phoen do you have? Manufacturers don't supply them, so you either have to buy them or buy a reputable third party in car charger. Most are easy to source from high street stores

interzone55 11:51 30 Nov 10

As many phones now use a micro-usb port for charging I can see a time when they won't even come with a mains charger, it will be assumed they'll be charged using a USB lead connected to a PC...

peter99co 16:08 30 Nov 10

I carry a small inverter in the car and charge laptop gps phone and anything else that falls in a 300 watt range.

Quickbeam 16:18 30 Nov 10

You'll get one if the phone is packaged as a car kit with a holder, otherwise not.

mr simon 18:28 30 Nov 10

What you need are the car chargers with a USB output, that should do your phone and many other things.

Bingalau 18:41 30 Nov 10

Thanks folks. I take it that I am going to have to buy one separately. I've just looked on the INTERNET and it seems they cost about a fiver upwards.

I would have thought it was imperative that they come with a car charger especially after the campaign to get women to keep a mobile in their vehicles for breakdown use.

pavvi 19:00 30 Nov 10

It's a LONG time since they came with one. Sometimes you can get a retailer to throw one. NOt that the likes of Tesco would, of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…