missing member

mobileman1953 18:53 13 Mar 07

hi all does anyone know if a forum member called jazzypop is still an active member as i have not seen him or her answer any threads lately, not important to know i was just wondering

thanks

postie24 19:08 13 Mar 07

FE might be able to enlighten you if its permitted to pass on the info

Watchful 20:31 13 Mar 07

I have wondered the same for a long time now. He may have another name perhaps?

p;3 22:18 13 Mar 07

that is I will admit a name I have not seen before and I have been here for a little while now

as fe might agree folks reinvent themselves so......

rodriguez 22:20 13 Mar 07

I've never seen him before - but I've only been here since about May last year so if he disappeared before then I wouldn't have seen him.

Forum Editor 00:26 14 Mar 07

fairly consistently, and the answer's always the same. I can't divulge any information about an individual, or his/her forum activities under any circumstances.

I can certainly see people logging in, and I can see them logging out. Lots of people do that, and never post t all. Some people who used to post regularly sometimes decide - for reasons of their own - to stop posting and just 'lurk', reading the threads, but not contributing.

Some people disappear, never to return, and some go for quite long periods and then pop up again. It's their right to do so, and I wouldn't dream of asking anyone where he/she had been in the interim, or why. Some people sadly die of course, and I know of several former members who have gone that way. Like any other community, we'll have people coming and going, and like all long-running web forums there's a degree of 'churn' - as older members leave, so others join.

WhiteTruckMan 00:56 14 Mar 07

for that username, but came up blank.

Then I did a search with my own username, which returned plenty of hits.

Then I did a search of a few other usernames-pointless to say who-just to eliminate whether I could only search for my name because I am looged in under my name. This too returned plenty of hits.

I repeated the search avoiding capitalisations just in case it was case sensitive, but no change.

From this I can draw one of 3 conclusions

1-jazzypop is spelt incorrectly

2-jazzypop has been removed from the database.

3-the search has a limited timespan.

Have I missed anything?

WTM

Forum Editor 01:06 14 Mar 07

3-the search has a limited timespan.

We periodically cull the archive database to prevent the site slowing to an unacceptable level. That may be the reason for your negative return, or it may not.

WhiteTruckMan 01:24 14 Mar 07

But its nice to know that I came up with valid conclusions.

Thanks FE

WTM

Watchful 07:39 14 Mar 07

It must be almost five years since I saw him as he is not in this thread and that's as far back as I can go as our postings were also culled; click here

It's impossible to know the answer unless you are a personal friend.

mobileman1953 08:05 14 Mar 07

did not want his personal details just a general question because he helped me on several occasions thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos