Miserable Outlook

morddwyd 10:20 27 Dec 09

Christmas is over, the place is covered with frozen slush/dirty snow, pouring with rain but not enough to melt the snow, just freezing on the ground.

Pretty damn miserable view, but, all in all, I'm still glad I'm here to see it, in fairly good fettle.

Macscouse 10:39 27 Dec 09

Woke up this morning, found that I was still breathing, so it's a beautiful day.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 27 Dec 09

Even better - when I woke up this morning the world was still here :0)

octal 13:37 27 Dec 09

I thought for a minute that you were talking about Outlook the email client, silly me :D

namtas 18:49 27 Dec 09

And in contrast, decided to visit Grassington yesterday which is about 20 miles North West of Harrogate in North Yorkshire and in Dales country. Some of the views across the Dales was stunning. apparently around 40cms of snow had fallen and although it had began to compact down it still remained very picturesque where it lay untouched. Also some of the rather large and very dangerous looking icicles that were hanging from the edge of some cottage roofs.

tullie 19:11 27 Dec 09

Its about 26 miles,very picturesque,unless you have to drive on icy ,snowy roads.

wolfie3000 22:04 27 Dec 09

What a bunch of pessimists, lifes good.

Loving family, food to eat and a warm place to sleep at might, what more could i wish for.

PalaeoBill 22:44 27 Dec 09

The sun shone for most of today, only a few showers early this morning. We had a pre-lunch walk on the beach, sat in the car with the heater on for a bit afterwards and just watched the waves crashing in. Made the weekly visit to Lidl to see what bargains might be had and in the afternoon I painted the chalet ready for 2010's weathering and my better half removed a good deal of wallpaper from the lounge.
We've watched a bid of telly (Midsomer murders), made a good inroad into a tin of Fox's biscuits, debated what we are going to do tomorrow and we may well watch a bit more telly before today is done. Life is good.

morddwyd 06:31 28 Dec 09

"What a bunch of pessimists"

Where?

Every post is about how good it is to be alive.

Forum Editor 10:31 28 Dec 09

I hope you nipped out with a camera - it would have made a great entry in our 'Winter' photography competition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…