Minimum wage rises ?

Uboat 11:03 12 May 09

May not be the best move at this time in the current economy.

whats your thoughts?

click here

Uboat 11:05 12 May 09

ps comes into effect in October

peter99co 11:11 12 May 09

7p will be a big help to many!

Quickbeam 11:24 12 May 09

Well I can't believe any employer can argue that 7p per hour (£2.80 increase for a 40 hour week) will endanger the companies financial standing.

spuds 11:32 12 May 09

I wonder how this will effect the still existing 'sweat shops' or unscrupulous boss's, or the person using £20 notes to snort a banned substance!!

Mr Mistoffelees 11:59 12 May 09

It may surprise you to learn that most people in low paid jobs are not druggies.

mole44 12:07 12 May 09

the powers to be give me £53 a week as a carer,the hours i work caring for my wife with dementsia equals 49p an hour,wish i could have the minimum wage.

spuds 12:25 12 May 09

Did I say they were, perhaps I was referring to people who have money in far excess to the very low wage/payment/in kind earner/receiver. In that case £20 would just be an habit of casual or frequent expense!.

spuds 12:33 12 May 09

An interesting point. Last night there was a program on television, that discussed the legal rights of people like grandparents who have adopted the role of carers for their grandchildren, possibly due to a tragedy within the family. Apparently they cannot claim anything from the UK system as carers or adopters, so their wages could well be nil.

What a country that we seem to live in, and at the same time, the people who make these decisions 'for us', live or apparently seem to live a far greater lifestyle.

user8 12:39 12 May 09

The price of a Big Mac or Whopper will go up!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac