Mini Advert

ulrich 20:23 29 May 08

Have you seen the Mini advert where a number of Minis are driven across a beach chasing people.
I thought we were meant to be getting away from these adverts?

peter99co 21:13 29 May 08

A bit aggressive isn't it

wiz-king 21:34 29 May 08

No - dont watch TV.

wolfie3000 22:56 29 May 08

You mean this advert?

click here

First time iv seen it but i dont see anything wrong with it, if anything i find it funny.

I liked the part where the viking popped the beach ball on his horn.

How can anyone find this advert bad is beyond me.

Totally-braindead 23:02 29 May 08

Haven't actually seen the advert yet - thanks for the link to it wolfie3000.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say we are meant to be getting away from these adverts.

All I can say is it didn't do much for me and as such is pretty forgetable. Theres better adverts on the TV but theres a hell of a lot worse. I mean all the insurance adverts, they make me switch the TV off.

ulrich 08:23 30 May 08

Maybe you will think differently if you are on a beach with cars tearing around. I am not an old fuddy duddy but in this day and age is it really the right sort of advert, I presume they are trying to get younger customers as a lot of the people who drive them seem to be ladies.

Quickbeam 08:28 30 May 08

Cymro. 11:26 30 May 08

It`s just an advert, don`t go loosing sleep over it, there are many more important things to worry about.

dagbladet 12:08 30 May 08

"...Maybe you will think differently if you are on a beach with cars tearing around"

Ha ha good one. No seriously, what's your problem with the ad?

Cymro. 13:02 30 May 08

"Maybe you will think differently if you are on a beach with cars tearing around"

It so happens that my local beach is Black Rock Sands in North Wales. It has over two miles of beach that cars can drive on to. In the early days of motoring it was used in attempts to break the land speed record. That lasted till cars became too powerful and fast and even better places had to be found.

During the holiday season you have to pay to get on to the beach in a car. Part of this money is used to pay for beach patrols to police motorists behavior. All in all this works quite well.

It is at night on during the winter months that things get difficult when the boy racers get down on the sands and behave in much the same way as was shown in the advert.

Barriers have now been placed at the entrance to the beach and the local police make more patrols to check the place out. So the problem of speeding motorists is very much reduced.

But however badly motorists behave in such places I doubt it very much if any T.V. advert makes a difference to them. Somme people are born to take foolish risks.

Cymro. 13:04 30 May 08

For somme read some.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…