The "millions" scams are back?

pj123 12:04 16 Aug 05

Just had another email, not Nigeria but Johannesburg.

$25m if I help them get it out of the country.

I have to: "Please keep this close to your chest as much as possible; we can not afford any political problems."

Do we still forward these emails somewhere? (police, trading standards etc) Or would they already be aware?

stalion 12:38 16 Aug 05

best to contact trading standards by phone if you want to. I expect they are aware of it though there is so much of this type of rubbish flying about

recap 14:11 16 Aug 05
  pj123 14:51 16 Aug 05

stalion, Trading Standards don't seem to be very interested, unless it is someone selling dodgy DVDs at a local bootsale.

recap, have just forwarded it to your link. Will see what happens.

Aspman 16:41 16 Aug 05

No none ever offers me millions :-(

You are obviously not daft or greedy enough to be fooled by these scams so I would suggest you just delete it and move on as you would any other spam.

Jackcoms 16:49 16 Aug 05

Your thread is entitled "The "millions" scams are back?"

I wasn't aware that they'd ever be away.

Certainly not in my neck of the woods.

Forum Editor 19:02 16 Aug 05

will not want to know about these 419 scams - Scotland Yard has an office that deals with nothing else however, and they've probably had many reports about this version already.

mark2 07:51 17 Aug 05

As it purports to be from South Africa, it may be worthwhile forwarding the email to click here

pj123 10:31 17 Aug 05

Thanks everyone. I have deleted it now anyway.

Just be aware that they are still around, although I haven't had one of them for months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…