For military music lovers - a link

john bunyan 18:16 24 Mar 14

I will admit to being biased, but there was recently a Royal Marines Band Concert at the Albert Hall. Here is a link:

Royal Marines Band

On 3rd June , together with bands from the USMC and Royal Netherlands Marine Corps, they will be beating retreat on Horseguards to celebrate the 350th anniversary of the founding of the RM. These guys (and girls)are not just superb musicians but also act as medics in wartime.

Woolwell 20:38 24 Mar 14

About 30 years ago I used to be able to go to see the Mountbatten Festival of Music. It was always a great concert. I now know one of the bass trombonists.

flycatcher1 19:16 27 Mar 14

john bunyan
Thanks for the link - I enjoyed the music. The link led me to an RAF Band and I recognised the Director of Music as a young J/T I knew years ago. Looking at his CV I was reminded just how well qualifed Military Musicians are and what a varied life they lead.

On national TV my younger daughter, speaking during a military parade in Windsor, announced that her Father thought that the RAF were the smartest. I did say that but I was referring to the RAF Queen's Colour Squadron at the Albert Hall.

In all honesty I think that your lot are the smartest - its the uniform !!

Aitchbee 21:00 27 Mar 14

jb, I will also admit to being a wee bit biased, but even just the sound of the bagpipes playin' far-away-in-the-distance, is enough to convince the enemy to start waving the white flag.

click here

Aitchbee 21:09 27 Mar 14

... especially, 'music lovers' ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5