Middle East Unrest = World Meltdown!

wids001 06:46 16 Feb 11

Not wanting to sound pesamistic, but first we had the unrest in Tunisia, followed by that in Egypt, which even though Mubarak has gone still continues, unrest in Jordan, Demonstrations in Iran and now reports of trouble in Bahrain.

This is already forcing the price of Crude oil up on the world's spot markets and if it continues on its upward trend (which it will do) thus forcing the price of food up even further there can only be one result - Another recession and more unrest, until Saudi Arabia erupts in protest and oil shipments to the west are cut back ... It is coming!

Then the US will no doubt "go in" and BANG!

Quickbeam 07:27 16 Feb 11

Oh my God! Armageddon's coming? I'd better start hoarding corned beef and sugar...

Quickbeam 07:41 16 Feb 11

Anyone up for taking the cross over this? That'll sort 'em out.

wiz-king 08:26 16 Feb 11

How's the tinned tomatoes stock?

Quickbeam 08:34 16 Feb 11

There's always plenty of them in the cupboard:)

Big L 266 09:28 16 Feb 11

Think this can be easily solved by our revered and intelligent FE. If we want it screwed up at at a later date we could give it to GB or TB or even DC.

Free tinned toms for everyone from Quickbeams overstocks!

JanetO 09:29 16 Feb 11

Mind you it does appear that the peasants are revolting.

Seth Haniel 09:36 16 Feb 11

over the years - there has never really been a calm period - but funnily they are reporting on their telex machines of the unrest in England (which on returning to England hadn't even happened) funny old world :)

sunnystaines 09:51 16 Feb 11

where is Slogvania do you mean slovenia, i though it was peaceful since they left FDR of yugoslavia.

Forum Editor 09:55 16 Feb 11

We should just calm down and see how things pan out.

Quickbeam 10:00 16 Feb 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…