Microsoft One Care

cahpsuth 16:47 30 Jun 06

I just read in the technology section of today's New York Times, (don't ask how I got there I don't remember) about Microsoft's new One Care.
This a new software you can BUY to protect your Microsoft software. What the hell is that about?,why do we have to buy this?What happened to automatic updates?

spikeychris 19:07 30 Jun 06

Are you aware of what One Care actually is?

click here

click here

rdave13 23:13 30 Jun 06

Microsoft sells an operating system. It operates your errm.. system. That's why you buy it. It also gives you a firewall an email system and a media player.

Microsoft has jumped on the bandwagon and offered to sell you a protection system. Whether you buy or not is up to you. I wont.

Malicious viral clowns, although very clever people, will always try to make life a little more difficult for law abiding citizens just for the hell of it. 'Suppose they like the annonymity of seeing their disruptive creation glorified in "news flashes" of the latest virus or trojan. Sad people but driven by discontent of their own lives I suppose.

More to be pittied than scolded. So find your own protection, like a lot of us. Simple really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…