Microsoft ... give this lad a job as a tester !

Dragon_Heart 16:13 03 Feb 11

... or at least a new top of the range Xbox.

Xbox Live team labeled Julias Jackson an 11-year-old boy living with autism a cheater !

click here

I take about 6 months to get to some of the higher levels of some games but our son, who also has autism, takes about 6 hours or less.

He is also very good at picking up how to use software but even modern PC's are too slow for him.

dagbladet 16:28 03 Feb 11

I'm a total duffer at anything game related.

However, doesn't 'update 3' on your link suggest that the lad (or his mum) did cheat?

Forum Editor 17:13 03 Feb 11

it would seem that there may be evidence to suggest that this boy and/or his mother did in fact cheat.

Either way, it's not something that anyone on this forum can make a judgement about, because we have no access to the evidence (or lack thereof).

An interesting insight into the mother's outlook on parenthood is afforded by the comment that "if Xbox Live doesn't come through soon she's considering cancelling Julias' account, cutting off one of the autistic boy's only social outlets."

Well done mum.

SimpleSimon1 17:28 03 Feb 11

Judging by this write-up on The Register (click here), I think it might be a bit more than a suggestion that there was a 'funny business' going on!

Forum Editor 17:42 03 Feb 11

In the light of information on SimpleSimon1's link I don't think he'll be testing any day soon. His silly mother must be regretting her TV 'lambasting' of Microsoft.

Not completely a sad ending for the boy however - Microsoft has offered Julias a free month of Xbox Live to start fresh with a new Gamertag.

wolfie3000 00:01 04 Feb 11

Question should be why is an 11 year old playing a 15+ rated game (Halo 2) and Metal gear solid 2: Substance rated 15+ as well.

I think that you'll find that most 11 year olds are allowed by their parents to play 15 and 18 rated games (and watch such movies), or certainly that seems to be the case for my 10 year old brother's class at school.

Forum Editor 01:12 04 Feb 11

"I think that you'll find that most 11 year olds are allowed by their parents to play 15 and 18 rated games (and watch such movies)"

Really? I can't refute that statement, but it surprises me.

Chegs ®™ 11:53 04 Feb 11

I play an online golf game,reading the TOS you have to be 18+ to have an account,but I can see no reason why as it is not violent/sexual or any other content in need of censorship.The ingame censor is also so aggresive as to pruduce a string of **** inplace of normal english if two words produce a censored word such as "its hit the pin" would be i** *** the pin.

Regarding this story,the mother must now be thoroughly embarrased.To demand her son's account be returned to normal(on TV too)and the cheater tag removed when MS provided proof the account had been used with a cheat.Another question appears,why did MS not close the account completely when it was apparent that an 11yr old had been playing an 15+ game?

I must admit I was surprised too, but he's had many of his friends over to the house, and almost all of them play Call of Duty on a regular basis, and a lot of them Grand Theft Auto too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…